The Pope is on his way
Road Closures/Restrictions for this weekends Papal Visit.
The Pope visits Dublin this weekend and with his visit comes a list of restrictions. The list is endless and each road will open or close at different times throughout the weekend. Keep an eye on Dublin City Council for updates on any changes in plans.
On Saturday he will be in Croke Park attending a concert, doors open at 4pm with the show kicking off from 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
There will be a number of road closures across the city from about midday, including O’Connell St, Church St, Patrick St and Dame St. However, some roads will be closed as early as 6am.
There will also be rolling restrictions on both Saturday and Sunday as Pope Francis visits a number of locations in Dublin city centre.
Sunday there will a mass taking place in Phoenix Park at 3pm and the majority of road closures will take place around this time.
A Controlled Access Zone will be in place from 6am. The N3/Navan Rd, N4/Lucan Rd and N7/Naas Rd will be closed at the M50 Interchange from this time, with traffic sent either north or south onto the M50.
As of now, there are no planned closures for Finglas Rd, Ballymun Rd or any major northside commuter routes, however there will be restrictions as you get closer to the city centre. Southside closures start at Grand Canal, with the bridges along this artery closed from 8am on Sunday.
The following road closures will be in place in the City Centre on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th August:
- Sean McDermott Street between Buckingham Street and Cumberland Street North 12pm- 3.45pm
- James Joyce Street 12pm – 3.45pm
- Gloucester Place Lower 12pm – 3.45pm
- Rutland Street Lower 12pm – 3.45pm
- Cathal Brugha Street between Cumberland Street North and O’Connell Street Upper 12pm – 4.30pm
- O’Connell Street Upper 12pm – 4.30pm
- O’Connell Street Lower 12pm – 4.30pm
- Talbot Street between Gardiner Street Lower and Marlborough Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- North Earl Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- Earl Place 12pm – 4.30pm
- Sackville Place 12pm – 4.30pm
- Abbey Street Lower 12pm – 4.30pm
- Old Abbey Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- Harbour Court 12pm – 4.30pm
- Abbey Street Middle from Jervis Street to O’Connell Street Lower 12pm – 4.30pm
- North Lotts 12pm – 4.30pm
- Bachelors Way 12pm – 4.30pm
- Liffey Street Lower 12pm – 4.30pm
- Henry Street Between Jervis Street and Moore Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- Henry Street between Moore Street and O’Connell Street Upper 12pm – 4.30pm
- Moore Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- Moore Lane 12pm – 4.30pm
- Rosie Hackett Bridge 12pm – 4.30pm
- O’Connell Bridge 12pm – 4.30pm
- Marlborough Street between Cathal Brugha Street and Talbot Street 12pm – 4.30pm
- Cathedral Street 10am (Fri 24/08/18) – 7pm (Sun 25/08/18)
- Thomas Lane 12pm – 4.30pm
- Church Street 12pm – 5.15pm
- Nicholas Avenue 6am – 5.15pm
- Mary’s Lane 12pm – 5.15pm
- May Lane 6am – 5.15pm
- Bow Street between Hammond Lane and North King Street 6am – 5.15pm
- New Church Street 6am – 5.15pm
- Friary Avenue between Friary Grove and Bow Street 6am – 5.15pm
- Red Cow Lane 7am – 5.15pm
- Beresford Street 12pm – 5.15pm
- North King Street between Church Street and Queen Street 7am – 5.15pm
- Hammond Lane 12pm – 5.30pm
- Westmoreland Street from O’Connell Street to College Green 12pm – 5pm
- Dame Street from College Green to George’s Street 12pm – 5pm
- Dame Street from George’s Street to Lord Edward Street 10am – 5pm
- Lord Edward Street 10am – 5pm
- High Street from Christchurch Place to Bridge Street 12pm – 5pm
- Bridge Street from High Street to Merchant’s Quay 12pm – 5pm
- Burgh Quay 12pm – 5pm
- Nassau Street from Dawson Street to Lower Grafton Street 12pm – 5pm
- Lower Grafton Street from Nassau Street to College Green 12pm – 5pm
- College Street from Pearse Street to College Green 12pm – 5pm
- D’Olier Street from Burgh Quay to College Street 12pm – 5pm
- Patrick Street from High Street to Kevin Street 12pm – 5pm
- Cork Hill 10am – 5pm
- Castle Street 10am – 5pm