Taxi Travel Tips During Covid-19
We understand that life doesn’t stop because the virus has arrived, you will still need to get from A to B. Here are our tips to keep in mind while traveling by taxi over the coming few weeks. We’re still accepting booking and we have a team of drivers available to pick you up!
If you have to travel we recommend travelling by taxi, public transport may be busy and can leave you in a vulnerable position. At this time we need to stay apart to stand together.
Here are our tips to help you travel safely by taxi…
- Open door using a tissue or sleeve
– When entering or exiting your taxi try not to directly touch any surface if at all possible.
- Sit in the back seat
– If you are travelling alone, sit directly behind the driver. If travelling with 1 other passenger, make sure you’re both sitting in the back and both sitting at the windows to try create as much of a distance as possible.
- Ask permission to slightly open the window
– Just ask your driver can you open your window, this will create a draft that will air out the taxi.
- Cover your mouth while coughing/sneezing
– Cough into your elbow where possible and also carry clean tissues for sneezing.
- Pay by card
– Avoid cash transactions where possible and pay by card. Try using contact less payments (download app and add a card) then it’s only jump in & jump out!
- If you aren’t feeling well don’t travel
– Its as simple as that, if your not well just stay at home and rest. If you have any concerns, check out the HSE website for more information.